There are many benefits to working with a specialist marine insurer, here are our top 5:
1. Depth of expertise.
To effectively navigate complexities, dealing with a team who are subject matter experts will help. At AM&T, our team are self-confessed ‘marinos’ and have decades of dedicated marine expertise. Many brokers deal with insurance across all industries, which makes it challenging to have a deep understanding of the intricacies across each specialised area. Brokers can rest easy knowing that the team possesses the knowledge they need to help determine and prioritise the exposure and manage the risk.
2. A one-stop-shop for all marine and transit insurance needs.
Marine is a small niche area of general insurance but even within this niche, there are different products requiring different skills and expertise. Our marine insurance products include:
- Cargo Insurance – We offer a range of annual, open cover, and single shipment policies for imports, exports and goods in transit around Australia.
- Carriers Insurance - Our carriers insurance policy offers both legal liability and physical damage cover with a range of additional benefits
- Commercial Hull Insurance – We provide cover for commercially registered vessels operating in inland and coastal waters around Australia. The types of vessels we insure include work boats, tugs, tourist craft and supply vessels.
- Marine Liabilities Insurance - Our suite of liability policies is designed for the particular needs of those engaged in maritime related industries. It includes marina operators', charterers', ship repairers' and freight forwarders' liability policies.
We can also design tailored policies to suit specific marine needs.
3. Demystify the jargon.
As the industry continues to develop, it can be difficult to keep up to date with the terminology and jargon. A specialist team, such as AM&T, live and breathe the subject matter and can help by educating and unravelling the intricacies of the industry.
4. Personalised service from a team of decision-makers.
The specialist marine team at AM&T support brokers all the way through the process. From quoting and binding of your policy, right through to claims time. The majority of our team have been in the industry for many years and have developed close working relationships with brokers across Australia. They have proven to be reliable, trustworthy and efficient, which is highly valued and appreciated within the industry.
5. Award-winning Claims Management.
Our dedicated marine claims team can assist our brokers throughout the process from the incident to lodgement of the claim and the final outcome.Our team has been recognised for their service, recently being awarded with an ‘Excellence Award’ for Underwriting Agency Claims Team of the Year in the Insurance Business awards. Whether your clients claim occurs as International Cargo, an Inland Carriers risk or their Commercial Hull is involved in an incident, our experienced marine claims team are there to support you. AM&T is backed by one of the biggest names in insurance – Allianz.
At AM&T, we have true experts, people who have a deep understanding, a passion and an ongoing curiosity for everything marine. We look forward to working with you and your clients with your marine insurance requirements.
This article has been prepared by AM&T ABN 98 155 554 279 (AR423910) an agent of the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (“Allianz”). Information contained in this article is accurate as at 22 January 2021 and may be subject to change.. Any opinions expressed constitute our views at the time of issue and are subject to change. Neither AM&T Allianz, nor its employees or directors give any warranty of accuracy or accept responsibility for any loss or liability incurred by you in respect of any error, omission or misrepresentation in this article.